Register Search FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Log in  
Reply to topic external pump / filter for concrete fountain
external pump / filter for concrete fountain
boofee

I have an old concrete water fountain in my garden that is about 5 feet tall with two tiers. The pump / filter is enclosed inside one of four removable pieces of the concrete fountain. Whenever I need to clean the pump filter, it is a huge ordeal due to the weight of the fountain. Does anyone know of an external fountain pump/filter that I could buy to replace the one we currently use so I wouldn't have to take the fountain apart to maintain the filter?
ziggeldybee

Hi, I'm not sure of your fountain's water flow needs, but everyone likes the Eheim Universal Hobby Pumps for their solid reliability (used for aquariums, fountains, etc.). You can attach a filter unit to it; those are usually sold separately and there is no need to combine the pump with the filter. This is where I get my Eheim pumps:

http://www.marinedepot.com/Eheim_Universal_%22Hobby%22_Pump_Up_to_500_Gallons_Per_Hour_Submersible_Water_Pumps-Eheim-EH1046-FIWPSBUF-vi.html
boofee

Thank you - I ordered an Eheim!
jamesd

Glad you ordered one. I have one too and the thing will outlast you.

furnace filter
View user's profileFind all posts by jamesdSend private messageVisit poster's website
serena45

Hello...

I am buying a new pump for my farm's pond..., and one of my friend suggest me this 2300L/H ECO Fountain Pond Pump..., I want some more suggestions before buying it...
So, please suggest me some more pumps name..????
external pump / filter for concrete fountain